SCAP-Validated Configuration Auditing with nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager™
Ensuring that your systems are always configured properly is critical to compliance and security initiatives. But gaining visibility into system configurations and whether they are compliant with policy is a significant challenge, especially when networks and systems are constantly changing. Further, discovering and auditing network systems to determine compliance can be a manual, time consuming project that is inefficient and potentially ineffective. And unlike competing solutions that only audit desktops, nCircle solutions assess desktops as well as network devices, servers, and more.
Agentless Configuration Auditing
nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager™ gives federal agencies continuous visibility into the compliance of IT system configurations, enabling a greater level of security and dramatically reducing preparation time for IT audits conducted for regulations such as FISMA, PCI, or HIPAA. Configuration Compliance Manager also includes USGCB (United States Government Compliance Baseline) policies to enable effortless auditing of all applicable systems.
nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager, IP360 and IP360 Mobile have been SCAP validated. Please visit the NIST validated products site for additional information.
nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager Highlights
- Rich policy library with best-practice security recommendations and regulatory mandates
- nCircle's FISMA & USGCB policies evaluate more than 500 desktop configuration variables across multiple platforms
- Continuous configuration change detection and analysis
- Sophisticated risk prioritization algorithms identify the most urgent problems
- Flexible reporting and dashboards provide compliance data to the right audience
Streamlined Audit Preparation through Compliance Auditing
The nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager provides four key technology benefits that enable faster and more effective audit preparation:
- Agentless Architecture – nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager does not require agent software to be installed on monitored endpoints, enabling it to monitor a wide variety of systems not typically supported by standard agent-based applications, such as routers, switches, and firewalls. The nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager can even conduct file integrity monitoring without the use of agents, and can be made operational by a small team in a matter of hours.
- Rich Policy Library – nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager comes with a rich library of pre-built policies, including prescriptive policies from NIST, CIS, and Microsoft and regulatory policies including FISMA, PCI, and HIPAA. Agencies can edit policies according to their particular needs, such as FDCC, or create new policies. With just one click, you can create policy based on the configuration of a particular system (such as the "gold" image for new servers).
- Configuration Change Analysis – nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager not only enumerates the configuration of IT systems in detail, it tells you how these configurations are changing and whether these changes require your attention. When a compliance deviation is identified, it can escalate the issue a variety of ways, including alerting administrators or opening a trouble ticket. Further, all configuration changes are recorded for audit and control purposes.
- Open Architecture – nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager can operate stand-alone or as part of a federated CMDB, such as the HP Universal CMDB and the IBM Tivoli CCMDB. The nCircle Configuration Compliance Manager is the authoritative source of policy and compliance data for the HP Universal CMDB, and it provides the sole source of policy and compliance status into the IBM Tivoli CCMDB.